By Thomas Insel on May 28, 2012
Director’s Posts about Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
By Thomas Insel on November 10, 2011
For Veterans Day, Dr. Insel discusses meeting the mental health needs of those who have so honorably served our country.
By Thomas Insel on March 01, 2011
As we mark the 10th anniversary of the human genome’s sequencing, the heightening pace of progress promises to a bright future for psychiatric genetics.
By Thomas Insel on February 10, 2011
Rapid progress in understanding how memory works – from the molecular to the behavioral level – holds promise for improved treatment of memory components of mental disorders.
By Thomas Insel on October 07, 2010
Despite promising advances as a research tool, brain imaging is not quite ripe for clinical application in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders.
By Thomas Insel on January 20, 2010
The U.S. Army recently released new suicide dataExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer. for December 2009. Last month, there were 10 potential suicides among active duty soldiers, nine of which are pending confirmation. When added to the data for the rest of the year, the total number of reported suicides for 2009 among active duty soldiers is 160, 114 of which have been confirmed. By comparison, in 2008 there were 140 suicides among active duty soldiers.
Publications by the Director
Posts by Topic
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) (3 Items)
- Autism (15 Items)
- Bipolar Disorder (4 Items)
- Borderline Personality Disorder (1 Item)
- Depression (6 Items)
- Eating Disorders (1 Item)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) (2 Items)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (6 Items)
- Schizophrenia (14 Items)
- Basic Research (23 Items)
- Clinical Research and Trials (16 Items)
- Research Funding (26 Items)
- Mental Health Services Research (3 Items)
More Information about Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- NIMH Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Page
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Information and Organizations from NLM’s MedlinePlus (en Español)
- Clinical Trials: Current Studies on Post-Traumatic Stress DisorderExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer.
- PubMed: Journal Articles about Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder