- Mental Health Awareness Month: By the Numbers
Statistics paint a picture of the impact of mental illness in the United States; Dr. Insel reviews the numbers for Mental Health Awareness Month.
- Mortality and Mental Disorders
A recent paper reports findings on the reduction in life expectancy among people with mental illness relative to the general population; Dr. Insel discusses the magnitude and reasons for this excess mortality.
- Autism Prevalence: More Affected or More Detected?
Dr. Insel discusses the CDC's latest report on autism prevalence.
- Join the Revolution
Dr. Insel discusses the state of science and math education in the U.S., scientific literacy, and Brain Awareness Week.
- Recognizing Those Who Have Served
For Veterans Day, Dr. Insel discusses meeting the mental health needs of those who have so honorably served our country.
- The Global Cost of Mental Illness
World Economic Forum report projects staggering costs of non-communicable diseases including mental health.