By Thomas Insel on September 10, 2012
Director’s Posts about Suicide Prevention
By Thomas Insel on August 01, 2012
By Thomas Insel on November 10, 2011
For Veterans Day, Dr. Insel discusses meeting the mental health needs of those who have so honorably served our country.
By Thomas Insel on August 01, 2011
By Thomas Insel on April 19, 2011
NIMH research can have a significant impact on public health through innovations and projects that cross the four objectives outlined in NIMH’s Strategic Plan.
By Thomas Insel on September 10, 2010
Dr. Insel discusses various approaches to the prevention of suicide and what research has revealed on risk and treatment of related mental disorders. Also, HHS announces a new Alliance for Suicide Prevention, which will coordinate a full court press across Federal agencies.
By Thomas Insel on August 20, 2010
By Thomas Insel on January 20, 2010
The U.S. Army recently released new suicide dataExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer. for December 2009. Last month, there were 10 potential suicides among active duty soldiers, nine of which are pending confirmation. When added to the data for the rest of the year, the total number of reported suicides for 2009 among active duty soldiers is 160, 114 of which have been confirmed. By comparison, in 2008 there were 140 suicides among active duty soldiers.
Publications by the Director
Posts by Topic
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) (3 Items)
- Autism (15 Items)
- Bipolar Disorder (4 Items)
- Borderline Personality Disorder (1 Item)
- Depression (6 Items)
- Eating Disorders (1 Item)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) (2 Items)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (6 Items)
- Schizophrenia (14 Items)
- Basic Research (23 Items)
- Clinical Research and Trials (16 Items)
- Research Funding (26 Items)
- Mental Health Services Research (3 Items)