News and Multimedia from 2006 Featuring DAR
- Broad HIV Screening Valuable Even in Communities with Low Infection Rates
- Science Update December 05, 2006
An HIV/AIDS screening program may be cost-effective even in communities where the infection rate and the prevalence of the disease are very low and among populations at low risk for HIV infection, according to an NIMH-funded study published December 5, 2006, in the Annals of Internal Medicine.
- Gene Therapy May One Day Prevent AIDS–Related Brain–Cell Death
- Science Update October 11, 2006
Scientists have shown that gene therapy has potential for treating brain pathology triggered by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), which causes AIDS.
- HIV Prevention Science Branch
- HIV Treatment and Translational Science Branch
- HIV Neuropathogenesis, Genetics, and Therapeutics Branch
- AIDS Research Centers Program
- Training, Fellowship, and Health Disparities Programs
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program and the Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Program
- Division of AIDS Research