Geriatric Pharmacologic Intervention Program
This program supports experimental and observational studies of the development and testing of pharmacologic and somatic interventions for the treatment, prevention, or recovery from the mental disorders of late life. Acute, continuation, and maintenance approaches are evaluated. The program includes studies of relapse prevention and enhancement of function/reduction of disability.
Areas of Emphasis
- Mechanisms of action, tolerability, and safety of psychiatric medications in late-life mental illness and any age-related changes in mechanisms.
- Effectiveness studies of the use of pharmacologic and behavioral treatments in treating late-life disorders in at-risk populations.
- Treatment/prevention studies targeting the major neurotransmitter system abnormalities of vulnerability pathways for psychiatric disorders.
Jovier D. Evans, Ph.D.
6001 Executive Boulevard, Room 7113, MSC 9634
- Geriatric Multi-Modality Intervention Program
- Geriatric Pharmacologic Intervention Program
- Geriatric Psychosocial Treatment Intervention Program
- Geriatric Translational Behavioral Science Program
- Geriatric Translational Neuroscience Program
- Geriatric Research Resources Office
- Division of Adult Translational Research and Treatment Development (DATR)