Geriatric Translational Behavioral Science Program
This program supports studies of risk factors, presentation, course, and outcome of late-life mental disorders using tools of the basic and translational social and behavioral sciences and clinical geropsychology; it supports use of these tools as correlates, modifiers, mediators, and predictors of treatment response variability.
Areas of Emphasis
- Studies of behavioral, cognitive and social factors contributing to older adults' vulnerability/resilience to mental disorders and associated disability.
- Studies that identify behavioral, cognitive and social correlates, predictors, and mechanisms of treatment response variation in late-life mental disorders.
- Studies developing and testing more reliable and valid phenotypes, assessments, and behavioral markers for late-life mental disorders.
George T. Niederehe, Ph.D.
6001 Executive Boulevard, Room 7131, MSC 9634
- Geriatric Multi-Modality Intervention Program
- Geriatric Pharmacologic Intervention Program
- Geriatric Psychosocial Treatment Intervention Program
- Geriatric Translational Behavioral Science Program
- Geriatric Translational Neuroscience Program
- Geriatric Research Resources Office
- Division of Adult Translational Research and Treatment Development (DATR)