Geriatric Translational Neuroscience Program
This program supports studies of risk factors, presentation, course, and outcome of late-life mental disorders using tools of the basic and translational neurosciences and cognitive sciences. It supports use of these tools as correlates, modifiers, mediators, and predictors of treatment response variability.
Areas of Emphasis
- Studies to understand the aging-related processes damaging or protecting brain structures that predispose to psychiatric disorders.
- Studies to understand the mechanisms mediating psychiatric symptom expression in elderly patients.
- Research examining the interaction of genetic and environmental factors that may be protective for the development of late-life mental disorders.
Jovier D. Evans, Ph.D.
6001 Executive Boulevard, Room 7113, MSC 9634
- Geriatric Multi-Modality Intervention Program
- Geriatric Pharmacologic Intervention Program
- Geriatric Psychosocial Treatment Intervention Program
- Geriatric Translational Behavioral Science Program
- Geriatric Translational Neuroscience Program
- Geriatric Research Resources Office
- Division of Adult Translational Research and Treatment Development (DATR)