Side Effects of Psychiatric Therapeutics Program
This program supports research to elucidate the biomedical and psychosocial risk factors for the development of treatment-emergent side effects of psychiatric therapeutics, and to develop interventions to predict, prevent and/or mitigate these side effects.
Areas of Emphasis
- Studies to evaluate the mechanisms of treatment–emergent side effects of psychiatric therapeutics.
- Studies to predict treatment-emergent side effects of psychiatric therapeutics and facilitate individualized pharmacological therapeutics.
- Studies to identify intervention development to mitigate adverse effects of psychopharmacological agents.
Mark Chavez, Ph.D.
6001 Executive Boulevard, Room 7126, MSC 9632
- Brain Imaging Clinical Research Program
- Clinical Neuroscience Centers Program
- Experimental Therapeutics Program
- Molecular and Cellular Psychopathology Program
- Neural Systems Psychopathology Program
- Side Effects of Psychiatric Therapeutics Program
- Division of Adult Translational Research and Treatment Development (DATR)