Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program and the Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Program
The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program supports research and development by small businesses of innovative technologies that have the potential to succeed commercially or to provide significant societal benefits. The Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Program has the same objectives but requires academic research involvement. In this Division, the SBIR and STTR Programs support research aimed at facilitating the validation and commercialization of new methods of assessing psychopathology, measuring treatment response to therapeutic agents or approaches, and the clinical development of novel psychopharmacological or psychosocial approaches to the treatment of mental illness.
Areas of Emphasis
- Targeted projects to advance development of novel therapeutics.
- Development of novel methods to enhance efficiency of early phase clinical trials.
- Development of novel assessments of psychopathology suitable for use in clinical research.
- Development of biomarkers and/or predictors of treatment response or side effects of therapeutics to promote individualized treatment.
Margaret Grabb, Ph.D.
Acting Program Chief
6001 Executive Boulevard, Room 7203, MSC 9645
301- 443-3563, email@example.com
DATR News and Multimedia
- Adult Psychopathology and Psychosocial Intervention Research Branch
- Clinical Neuroscience Research Branch
- Geriatrics Research Branch
- Research Training and Career Development Program
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program and the Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Program
- Traumatic Stress Research Program