Dissemination and Implementation Research Program
This program includes studies that will contribute to the development of a sound knowledge base on the effective transmission of mental health information to multiple stakeholders and of the process by which efficacious interventions can be adopted within clinical settings. Research on dissemination will address how information about mental health care interventions is created, packaged, transmitted, and interpreted among a variety of important stakeholder groups. Research on implementation will address the level to which mental health interventions can fit within real-world service systems. Related topics include multilevel decision-making perspectives about services and interventions in community settings, with special focus on translating behavioral science into applied research in these areas.
Areas of Emphasis
- Development of innovative ways of disseminating information to stakeholders (such as new technologies, use of multimedia approaches).
- Novel methods development to address the multidimensional components of dissemination and implementation (consumer, practitioner, clinic, organization, state).
- Implementation studies addressing organizational outcomes around sustainability.
David Chambers, Ph.D.
6001 Executive Boulevard, 7143, MSC 9631
- Child and Adolescent Services Research Program
- Disparities in Mental Health Services Research Program
- Dissemination and Implementation Research Program
- Financing and Managed Care Research Program
- Methodological Research Program
- Primary Care Research Program
- Systems Research Program
- Division of Services and Intervention Research (DSIR)