Services Research and Clinical Epidemiology Branch
This Branch plans, supports and administers programs of research, research training, and research infrastructure development, across the lifespan, on all mental health services research issues, including but not limited to:
- Services organization, delivery (process and receipt of care), and related health economics at the individual, clinical, program, community and systems levels in specialty mental health, general health, and other delivery settings (such as the workplace).
- Interventions to improve the quality and outcomes of care, including diagnostic, treatment, preventive, and rehabilitation services.
- Enhanced capacity for conducting services research.
- The clinical epidemiology of mental disorders across all clinical and service settings.
- The dissemination and implementation of evidence-based interventions into service settings.
David Chambers, D.Phil.
6001 Executive Boulevard, 7143, MSC 9631
Areas of Emphasis
- To develop a sound knowledge base to substantially increase the sustainable uptake of scientifically based treatments and services for mental disorders across diverse community settings.
- To identify and utilize active therapeutic ingredients in complex community-based services and programs for applications that optimize functioning and sustain community reintegration of people with mental disorders.
- To understand how and which traits of individuals, their families, providers, organizations, and social and cultural environments affect whether, where, and when people will seek care, the types of care chosen/provided, what happens during care, and the impact on outcomes.
- To enhance the research capacity and infrastructure for mental health services research through strategic partnerships, community engagement, and information technologies.
- Child and Adolescent Services Research Program
- Disparities in Mental Health Services Research Program
- Dissemination and Implementation Research Program
- Financing and Managed Care Research Program
- Methodological Research Program
- Primary Care Research Program
- Systems Research Program
- Division of Services and Intervention Research (DSIR)
- NIMH Conference on Mental Health Services Research