Office of Autism Research Coordination (OARC)
The Office of Autism Research Coordination (OARC) coordinates and manages the Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee (IACC) and related cross-agency autism spectrum disorder (ASD) activities, programs, and policies. The IACC is a federal advisory committee mandated by Congress to coordinate ASD related activities across the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. OARC provides assistance to the IACC by:
- Communicating information about the IACC and federal ASD research activities to Congress, other government agencies, and the public;
- Planning meetings, conferences, and other venues for interaction between the IACC and the public;
- Assisting the IACC in its strategic planning and ASD research monitoring activities;
- Conducting analyses and preparing reports for the IACC and Congress; and,
- Developing and disseminating information to the public about ASD.