Updates by Year
Updates by Topic
- NAMI Awards Coveted Prize to NIMH’s Dr. Judith Rapoport
November 21, 2008
Judith L. Rapoport, M.D., chief of the NIMH Child Psychiatry Branch, is this year’s recipient of the Mind of America Scientific Research Award from the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI).
- Linda Brady of NIMH Receives New Roadmap Compass Award
November 18, 2008
NIH Director Elias Zerhouni, MD, presented the first individual Roadmap Compass Award on October 24, 2008 to Linda Brady, Ph.D., director of the Division of Neuroscience and Basic Behavioral Science at NIMH, for her leadership and coordination of the Molecular Libraries Working Group.
- National Advisory Mental Health Council Workgroup Issues Nine Recommendations to Strengthen Research Training
November 10, 2008
A workgroup of the National Advisory Mental Health Council (NAMHC) makes nine specific recommendations to strengthen the institute’s program in research training in a new report entitled “Investing in the Future” released on November 1, 2008.
- Institute of Medicine of the National Academies Announces New Members
October 20, 2008
The Institute of Medicine (IOM) on October 13, 2008 announced the names of 65 new members and five foreign associates in conjunction with its 38th annual meeting.
- 2008 NIH Director’s Pioneer and New Innovator Awards Include Research That Promises to Improve Understanding of Mental Health and Brain Disorders
October 06, 2008
NIH Director Elias Zerhouni announced on September 22, 2008 the new recipients of the Pioneer Awards and New Innovator Awards. The awards are key components of the NIH Roadmap for Medical Research and support exceptionally creative scientists who take highly innovative approaches to major challenges in biomedical research.
- Nakamura to Become Scientific Director for the Division of Intramural Research Programs
August 05, 2008
Twenty two years after serving in the NIMH intramural program, Richard Nakamura, PhD, has accepted the appointment of Scientific Director for the Division of Intramural Research Programs. He will leave his position as Deputy Director for NIMH effective September 28, 2008 to assume this new post.
- NIMH Grantees Elected to Membership in National Academy of Sciences
May 16, 2008
On April 29, 2008, four NIMH grantees were among the 72 new members elected to the National Academy of Sciences, a private, non-governmental organization of scientists and engineers dedicated to advancing science and promoting its uses for the greater good. The Academy also acts as an official advisor to the federal government on issues related to science and technology.