- NIMH Clinical Director Receives Prestigious Leadership Award
NIMH clinical director Dr. Maryland Pao has been named the 2012 recipient of the Simon Wile Leadership in Consultation Award by the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP).
- New and Existing Clinical Datasets Available to Qualified Researchers
Are you a researcher interested in studying datasets from NIMH clinical trials? If so, several datasets are available to those who are qualified.
- NIMH Perspective on Diagnosing and Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
A recently published research paper (September 2007, Archives of General Psychiatry) reported a 40-fold increase in the rate of diagnosing bipolar disorder in youth over the past decade.
- NIMH Perspective on Antipsychotic Reimbursement: Using Results from the CATIE Cost Effectiveness Study
The recent publication (December 1, 2006, American Journal of Psychiatry) of the cost-effectiveness results from the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)-funded Clinical Antipsychotic Trials in Intervention Effectiveness (CATIE) has raised questions among advocates, families, and clinicians about reimbursement policies for antipsychotic medications.
- NIMH Perspective on Treating Alzheimer’s Patients with Antipsychotic Medications
The recent publication of phase 1 results from the NIMH-funded Clinical Antipsychotic Trials in Intervention Effectiveness for Alzheimer's disease (CATIE-AD) in the New England Journal of Medicine provides new information about the use of several "atypical" antipsychotic medications for the treatment of psychotic symptoms in patients with Alzheimer's disease.