Program Project Grants/Center Grants (P)
There are no current announcements at NIMH seeking applications for the P01 grant activity. To find currently supported announcements in all areas and activities for NIMH, see our PA listing and/or our RFA listing.
- Supports planning for new programs, expansion or modification of existing resources, and feasibility studies to explore various approaches to the development of interdisciplinary programs that offer potential solutions to problems of special significance to the mission of the NIH.
- Supports shared resources and facilities for categorical research by a number of investigators from different disciplines who provide a multidisciplinary approach to a joint research effort or from the same discipline who focus on a common research problem.
- Supports any part of the full range of research and development from very basic to clinical.
- May involve ancillary supportive activities such as protracted patient care necessary to the primary research or R&D effort.
- These grants differ from program project grants in that they are usually developed in response to an announcement of the programmatic needs of an Institute or Division