(P01) UNSOLICITED APPLICATIONS FOR PROGRAM PROJECT GRANTS
- NIMH does NOT support unsolicited P01 applications. Currently the only exception to this is in regards to AIDS-related work. Please contact staff within the NIMH Center for Mental Health Research on AIDS Office for further information if you are considering such a submission.
- P01s support broadly based, multidisciplinary, often long-term research programs which have a specific major objective or a basic theme.
- P01s submitted in response to specific program announcements that solicit this mechanism are accepted.
(P20) CENTERS PROGRAM-DEVELOPING CENTER GRANTS
- Supports planning for new programs, expansion or modification of existing resources, and feasibility studies to explore various approaches to the development of interdisciplinary programs that offer potential solutions to problems of special significance to the mission of the NIH.
(P30) CENTER CORE GRANTS
- Supports shared resources and facilities for categorical research by a number of investigators from different disciplines who provide a multidisciplinary approach to a joint research effort or from the same discipline who focus on a common research problem.
(P50) SPECIALIZED CENTER
- Supports any part of the full range of research and development from very basic to clinical.
- May involve ancillary supportive activities such as protracted patient care necessary to the primary research or R&D effort.
- These grants differ from program project grants in that they are usually developed in response to an announcement of the programmatic needs of an Institute or Division
Policies, Procedures, and Ethics