Call for Applications: Travel Awards
NIMH MD/PhD Student Conference in Conjunction with the 2nd Annual Molecular Psychiatry Meeting
Applications Open: July 16, 2014 | Application Deadline: August 22, 2014
The 2nd Annual Molecular Psychiatry Meeting, San Francisco, CA, November 7th-9th, 2014
MD/PhD Student Conference: November 6, 2014, 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., followed by a networking event.
- Short talks by travel awardees.
- Presentation by Tom Insel, MD, Director, NIMH.
- Research Presentations by NIMH-funded physician-scientists.
- Presentation on NIMH funding opportunities for MD/PhDs–during graduate education, during research residency, and beyond—with Q&A session on funding opportunities and research residencies.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- MD/PhD students in G1, G2, and those just entering G3 who are interested in clinical neuroscience.
- Your application must include:
- Your CV.
- A description of your research interests and commitment to a career in clinical neuroscience (not to exceed 1 page).
- A signed letter of recommendation from the director of your MD/PhD program.
- Combine all application materials into one PDF document and submit by the deadline of August 22, 2014.
- Email your PDF application to NIMH_Training@mail.nih.gov. Include your name, contact information (institution, address, email, phone number), your year (G1, G2, or entering G3) in your program, and mentor’s name.
- Recipients of travel awards will be informed no later than September 12, 2014.
- An invitation to the MD/PhD student preconference where awardees will meet with NIMH leadership, investigators and clinical fellows to learn about cutting-edge research supported by the NIMH.
- An opportunity to present a short talk (5-10 minutes) about your research.
- Registration paid to attend the Molecular Psychiatry meeting, if you choose to attend.
- Travel to San Francisco and hotel accommodations for 1-3 nights, depending on whether you choose to attend the Molecular Psychiatry meeting.
Direct questions to: NIMH_Training@mail.nih.gov.