Publications About Basic Research
- A Participant's Guide to Mental Health Clinical Research
- This brochure, prepared by the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), provides answers to common questions about volunteering for mental health clinical research. En Español
- About NIMH
- This fact sheet describes the mission of NIMH and provides an overview of its work to reduce the burden of mental illness through research training, and information dissemination. Highlights major research areas and gives examples of clinical trials funded through NIMH
- Brain Development During Childhood and Adolescence (Fact Sheet)
- A fact sheet that describes the past, present and future of research on brain development.
- Looking at My Genes: What Can They Tell Me?
- A fact sheet containing frequently asked questions about genome scans and genetic testing.
- Neuroimaging and Mental Illness: A Window Into the Brain
- Researchers use brain scans to study brain development in healthy people and people with illnesses. This publication answers frequently asked questions about what brain scans can and cannot do related to diagnosing mental illnesses.