- Does your child go through intense mood changes?
- What is bipolar disorder?
- Who develops bipolar disorder?
- How is bipolar disorder different in children and teens than it is in adults?
- What causes bipolar disorder?
- What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?
- Do children and teens with bipolar disorder have other problems?
- How is bipolar disorder diagnosed?
- How is bipolar disorder treated?
- What can children and teens expect from treatment?
- How can I help my child or teen?
- How does bipolar disorder affect parents and family?
- Where do I go for help?
- I know a child or teen who is in crisis. What do I do?
- Contact us to find out more about bipolar disorder.
Contact us to find out more about bipolar disorder.
National Institute of Mental Health
Science Writing, Press & Dissemination Branch
6001 Executive Boulevard
Room 8184, MSC 9663
Bethesda, MD 20892-9663
Phone: 301-443-4513 or
Toll-free: 1-866-615-NIMH (6464)
TTY Toll-free: 1-866-415-8051
Web site: www.nimh.nih.gov
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
National Institutes of Health
NIH Publication No. TR-08-6380