- Does your child go through intense mood changes?
- What is bipolar disorder?
- Who develops bipolar disorder?
- How is bipolar disorder different in children and teens than it is in adults?
- What causes bipolar disorder?
- What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?
- Do children and teens with bipolar disorder have other problems?
- How is bipolar disorder diagnosed?
- How is bipolar disorder treated?
- What can children and teens expect from treatment?
- How can I help my child or teen?
- How does bipolar disorder affect parents and family?
- Where do I go for help?
- I know a child or teen who is in crisis. What do I do?
- Contact us to find out more about bipolar disorder.
Who develops bipolar disorder?
Anyone can develop bipolar disorder, including children and teens. However, most people with bipolar disorder develop it in their late teen or early adult years. The illness usually lasts a lifetime.