1. Kessler RC, Chiu WT, Demler O, Merikangas KR, Walters EE. Prevalence, severity, and comorbidity of 12-month DSM-IV disorders in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2005 Jun; 62(6):617–27.
2. Nemeroff CB, Musselman DL, Evans DL. Depression and cardiac disease. Depression and Anxiety. 1998; 8(Suppl 1):71–9.
3. Frasure-Smith N, Lesperance F, Talajic M. Depression and 18-month prognosis after myocardial infarction. Circulation. 1995 Feb 15; 91(4):999–1005.
4. Vieweg WV, Julius DA, Fernandez A, Wulsin LR, Mohanty PK, Beatty-Brooks M, Hasnain M, Pandurangi AK. Treatment of depression in patients with coronary heart disease. American Journal of Medicine. 2006 Jul; 119(7):567–73.
5. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Healthy People 2010: Understanding and Improving Health. 2nd ed. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, November 2000. http://www.healthypeople.gov/Document/html/uih/uih_4.htm#physactivExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer.. Accessed on March 26, 2009.
6. The Centers for Disease Control. Physical activity for everyone: physical activity and health. http://cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/health/index.htmlExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer.. Accessed on March 26, 2009.
7. Blumenthal JA, Babyak MA, Moore KA, Craighead WE, Herman S, Khatri P, Waugh R, Napolitano MA, Forman LM, Appelbaum M, Doraiswamy PM, Krishnan KR. Effects of exercise training on older patients with major depression. Archives of Internal Medicine. 1999 Oct 25; 159(19):2349–56.