- What is depression?
- Signs and Symptoms of Depression
- What is Parkinson's disease?
- How are depression and Parkinson's disease linked?
- How is depression treated in people who have Parkinson's disease?
- For More Information on Depression
- For More Information on Parkinson's Disease
1. Kessler RC, Chiu WT, Demler O, Merikangas KR, Walters EE. Prevalence, severity, and comorbidity of 12-month DSM-IV disorders in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2005 Jun; 62(6):617–27.
2. Rahman S, Griffin HJ, Quinn NP, Jahanshahi M. Quality of life in Parkinson's disease: the relative importance of the symptoms. Mov Disord. 2008 Jul 30; 23(10):1428–34.
3. Raskind MA. Diagnosis and treatment of depression comorbid with neurologic disorders. Am J Med. 2008 Nov; 121(11 Suppl 2):S28–37.
4. Boileau I, Warsh JJ, Guttman M, Saint-Cyr JA, McCluskey T, Rusjan P, Houle S, Wilson AA, Meyer JH, Kish SJ. Elevated serotonin transporter binding in depressed patients with Parkinson's disease: a preliminary PET study with [11C]DASB. Mov Disord. 2008 Sep 15; 23(12):1776–80.
5. Wilkins KM, Ostroff R, Tampi RR. Efficacy of electroconvulsive therapy in the treatment of nondepressed psychiatric illness in elderly patients: a review of the literature. J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol. 2008 Mar; 21(1):3–11.