- What is depression?
- Signs and Symptoms of Depression
- What is Parkinson's disease?
- How are depression and Parkinson's disease linked?
- How is depression treated in people who have Parkinson's disease?
- For More Information on Depression
- For More Information on Parkinson's Disease
What is depression?
Major depressive disorder, or depression, is a serious mental illness. Depression interferes with your daily life and routine and reduces your quality of life. About 6.7 percent of U.S. adults ages 18 and older have depression.1