Publications » Fact Sheet
- About the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
A factsheet that describes the mission of NIMH and provides an overview of its work to reduce the burden of mental illness through research, training, and information dissemination.
- Clinical Research Trials and You: Questions and Answers
Brochure discusses what a clinical trial is, who participates in clinical trials including patient and healthy volunteers, why people participate in clinical trials, and guidelines.
- Coordinated Specialty Care Fact Sheet and Checklist
This fact sheet on coordinated specialty care for recovery after an initial schizophrenia episode (RA1SE) and a checklist.
- Fact Sheet: Early Warning Signs of Psychosis
This fact sheet lists changes in behavior before psychosis develops that may be early warning signs of psychosis.
- Fact Sheet: First Episode Psychosis
This fact sheet lists some facts about psychosis in general and specifically first episode psychosis, as well as a variety of treatments.
- Fact Sheet on Stress
This fact sheet provides answers to common questions about stress and explains the different types of stress and how to manage it.
- Neuroimaging and Mental Illness: A Window Into the Brain
Researchers use brain scans to study brain development in healthy people and people with illnesses. This publication answers frequently asked questions about what brain scans can and cannot do related to diagnosing mental illnesses.
- PANDAS: Fact Sheet about Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about PANDAS, an abbreviation for Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections.
- Suicide: A Major, Preventable Mental Health Problem
Facts about suicide and suicide prevention among teens and young adults.
- Treatment of Children with Mental Illness
Answers to frequently asked questions about the treatment of mental disorders in children.