- About the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
A factsheet that describes the mission of NIMH and provides an overview of its work to reduce the burden of mental illness through research, training, and information dissemination.
- Fact Sheet on Stress
This fact sheet provides answers to common questions about stress and explains the different types of stress and how to manage it.
- Looking at My Genes: What Can They Tell Me?
A fact sheet containing frequently asked questions about genome scans and genetic testing.
- Neuroimaging and Mental Illness: A Window Into the Brain
Researchers use brain scans to study brain development in healthy people and people with illnesses. This publication answers frequently asked questions about what brain scans can and cannot do related to diagnosing mental illnesses.
- PANDAS: Fact Sheet about Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about PANDAS, an abbreviation for Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections.
- Postpartum Depression Facts
A brochure on postpartum depression that explains its causes, symptoms, treatments, and how to get help.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Research Fact Sheet
A fact sheet with a brief description of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and its treatment.
- Suicide: A Major, Preventable Mental Health Problem
Facts about suicide and suicide prevention among teens and young adults.
- Treatment of Children with Mental Illness
Answers to frequently asked questions about the treatment of mental disorders in children.