- About NIMH
This fact sheet describes the mission of NIMH and provides an overview of its work to reduce the burden of mental illness through research training, and information dissemination. Highlights major research areas and gives examples of clinical trials funded through NIMH
- Anxiety Disorders in Children and Adolescents (Fact Sheet)
Learn about how anxiety disorders affect children and adolescents and the direction of future research.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Frequently asked questions about ADHD and teenagers.
- Brain Development During Childhood and Adolescence (Fact Sheet)
A fact sheet that describes the past, present and future of research on brain development.
- Coping with Continued Stress: The Gulf Oil Spill Disaster
A fact sheet describing how to cope with continued uncertainty surrounding the Gulf oil spill.
- Fact Sheet on Stress
This fact sheet provides answers to common questions about stress and explains the different types of stress and how to manage it.
- Looking at My Genes: What Can They Tell Me?
A fact sheet containing frequently asked questions about genome scans and genetic testing.
- Neuroimaging and Mental Illness: A Window Into the Brain
Researchers use brain scans to study brain development in healthy people and people with illnesses. This publication answers frequently asked questions about what brain scans can and cannot do related to diagnosing mental illnesses.
- PANDAS: Frequently Asked Questions about Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections
Overview and FAQs about this illness.
- Postpartum Depression Facts
A brochure on postpartum depression that explains its causes, symptoms, treatments, and how to get help.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Research Fact Sheet
A fact sheet with a brief description of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and its treatment.
- Suicide: A Major, Preventable Mental Health Problem
Facts about suicide and suicide prevention among teens and young adults.
- Treatment of Children with Mental Illness
Answers to frequently asked questions about the treatment of mental disorders in children.