- Who is at risk for suicide?
- What about gender?
- What about children?
- What about older adults?
- What about different ethnic groups?
- How can suicide be prevented?
- What should I do if someone I know is considering suicide?
- If you are in crisis
- For more information on Suicide in America
Suicide is a major public health concern. Around 30,000 people die by suicide each year in the United States. More people die by suicide each year than by homicide.
Suicide is tragic. But it is often preventable. Knowing the risk factors for suicide and who is at risk can help reduce the suicide rate.