- Who is at risk for suicide?
- What about gender?
- What about children?
- What about older adults?
- What about different ethnic groups?
- How can suicide be prevented?
- What should I do if someone I know is considering suicide?
- If you are in crisis
- For more information on Suicide in America
What about different ethnic groups?
Among ethnicities, American Indians and Alaska Natives tend to have the highest rate of suicides, followed by non-Hispanic Whites. Hispanics tend to have the lowest rate of suicides, while African Americans tend to have the second lowest rate.