- Who is at risk for suicide?
- What about gender?
- What about children?
- What about older adults?
- What about different ethnic groups?
- How can suicide be prevented?
- What should I do if someone I know is considering suicide?
- If you are in crisis
- For more information on Suicide in America
What about gender?
Men are more likely to die by suicide than women, but women are more likely to attempt suicide. Men are more likely to use deadlier methods, such as firearms or suffocation. Women are more likely than men to attempt suicide by poisoning.