Featured Publications about Autism
A Parent’s Guide to Autism Spectrum Disorder
This guide is intended to help parents understand what autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is, recognize common signs and symptoms, and find the resources they need. It’s important to remember that help is available.
Treatment of Children with Mental Illness
Answers to frequently asked questions about the treatment of mental disorders in children. En Español
Autism Awareness Month: Advances in Treatment Research
Drs. Susan Swedo and Rebecca Landa discuss research on new treatments and treatment approaches for autism. Watch the archived videocast on the NIH website.
- Autism Information and Organizations from NLM’s MedlinePlus (en Español)
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Autism Information CenterExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer.
- Autism Information on Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Web siteExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer.
- Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee (IACC)External Link: Please review our disclaimer.
- National Database for Autism Research