Featured Publications about Depression
A detailed booklet that describes Depression symptoms, causes, and treatments, with information on getting help and coping. En Español
- Women and Depression: Discovering Hope
A booklet that describes the symptoms, treatment and factors contributing to depression that are unique to women. En Español
- Depression in Children and Adolescents
- Antidepressant Medications for Children and Adolescents: Information for Parents and Caregivers
- Researchers Work to Explain Depression and Related Diseases
- Coping with traumatic events
- Suicide Prevention
- Depression Information and Organizations from NLM's MedlinePlus (en Español)
- Depression in Older AdultsExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer.
- NIH Mood Disorders Fact Sheet
Twitter Chat about Depression
On November 9,2012, NIMH partnered with NIH’s National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) for a Twitter chat about depression and treatment, including alternative therapies. Read the transcript.External Link: Please review our disclaimer.
Symptoms and Treatment of Depression
People with depression discuss how they got help.