Featured Publications about Prevention
Suicide in the U.S.: Statistics and Prevention
A fact sheet of statistics on suicide with information on treatments and suicide prevention.
Older Adults: Depression and Suicide Facts (Fact Sheet)
A brief overview of the statistics on depression and suicide in older adults, with information on depression treatments and suicide prevention
NIMH Director Talks with NIMH Researcher about the High Priority Research Strategies of Suicide Prevention
NIMH Director Thomas Insel discusses strategy with NIMH research Dr. Jane Pearson.
Resources for Researchers
- NIMH Prevention Funding Opportunities (FOAs)
- National Research Council and Institute of Medicine Report: "Prevention of Mental Disorders and Substance Abuse Among Children, Youth, and Young Adults: Research Advances and Promising InterventionsExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer."
Science News about Prevention
Meeting Summaries about Prevention
- Integrating Neuroscience, Developmental Psychopathology, and Preventive Interventions: Critical Questions for the Next Generation of Transformative Research
- Mental Health Consideration in Secondary HIV Prevention
- Promoting Indigenous Research on Suicide Prevention and Related Topics: A Workshop to Define Issues, Develop Strategies and Identify Sustaining Frameworks