Featured Publications about Suicide Prevention
Suicide in America: Frequently Asked Questions
A brief overview of the statistics on depression and suicide with information on depression treatments and suicide prevention En Español
Suicide: A Major, Preventable Mental Health Problem
Facts about suicide and suicide prevention among teens and young adults.
Suicide in the U.S.: Statistics and Prevention
A fact sheet of statistics on suicide with information on treatments and suicide prevention.
- For Media: Recommendations for Reporting on SuicideExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer.
- Suicide Prevention Resource CenterExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer.
- National Action Alliance for Suicide PreventionExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Suicide Prevention PageExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Suicide Prevention Resource PageExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer.
- Suicide Prevention Information and Organizations from NLM’s MedlinePlus (en Espanol)
- Resources on Stress, Trauma, and Suicide Risk
NIMH Director Talks with NIMH Researcher about the High Priority Research Strategies of Suicide Prevention
NIMH Director Thomas Insel discusses strategy with NIMH research Dr. Jane Pearson.
Suicide Prevention Online Resources
Resources for Researchers
- NIMH Funding OpportunitiesExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer.
- Most Recent Suicide Statistics: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Web Site on Injury MortalityExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer.
- Issues to Consider in Intervention Research with Persons at High Risk for Suicidality