Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD, ADD)
Featured studies include only those currently recruiting participants. They are listed according to the date they were added to the ClinicalTrials.gov registry, with the most recent studies appearing first.
- Psychological Treatments for Youth With Severe Irritability..
Evaluation study. Background: When children have severe irritability and temper outbursts, they can be so cranky or angry that it leads to problems at home, in school, and with friends. Ages 8-18. Location in Bethesda, MD.
- Near Infrared Spectroscopy in Children With Autism and ADHD.
Evaluation study. Background: - Near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) is a functional imaging technique that can be uses light to study brain function while allowing for movement. Ages 4-8. Location in Bethesda, MD.
- Reducing Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Kindergarten and Pre-Kindergarten Children.
Interventional study. This study will determine the effectiveness of an intervention for preventing at-risk kindergarten and pre-kindergarten children from developing attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Ages 4-7.
- Effectiveness of Combined Medication Treatment for Aggression in Children With Attention Deficit With Hyperactivity Disorder (The SPICY Study).
Interventional study. This study will determine the advantages and disadvantages of adding one of two different types of drugs to stimulant treatment for reducing aggressive behavior in children with attention deficit with hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Ages 6-12. Locations in Glen Oaks, NY; Stony Brook, NY; San Antonio, TX.
- A Controlled Trial of Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors Added to Stimulant Medication in Youth With Severe Mood Dysregulation.
Interventional study. Severe mood dysregulation (SMD) is a very common syndrome in children. Ages 7-17. Location in Bethesda, MD.
- Psychosocial Treatment for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Adults.
Interventional study. This study will determine the effectiveness of group cognitive-behavioral therapy as compared to a problem-solving social support group in treating problems of time management, organization, and planning in adults with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Ages 18-65.
- Stimulant Versus Nonstimulant Medication for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children.
Interventional study. This study will determine the effectiveness of stimulant and nonstimulant medication in treating the symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children and adolescents. Ages 6-17. Locations in Chicago, IL; New York City, NY.
- A Clinic-Based Prevention Program for Families of Depressed Mothers.
Interventional study. This study will assess the effectiveness of the "Keeping Families Strong" program (KFS) in avoiding or delaying the onset of psychiatric disorders among children with depressed mothers. Ages 8 and over. Location in Baltimore, MD.
- Brain Changes in Children and Adolescents With Behavioral Problems.
Evaluation study. Purpose: This study will examine brain activity in children age 10-18 with disruptive behavior problems, including conduct disorder (CD), oppositional defiant disorder (ODD), and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), compared with children without behavioral problems. Ages 8-18. Location in Bethesda, MD.