Featured studies include only those currently recruiting participants. They are listed according to the date they were added to the ClinicalTrials.gov registry, with the most recent studies appearing first.
- Assessing Anterior Cingulate Brain Activity in People With Late-Life Depression.
Evaluation study. This study will examine differences in activity of the anterior cingulate cortex, a brain area involved in emotion and cognitive regulation, between older adults with and without depression. Ages 60-85. Location in White Plains, NY.
- Preventing Depression in People Receiving Mechanical Ventilation in an Intensive Care Unit.
Interventional study. This study will determine the effectiveness of antidepressant medication in preventing depression and improving recovery in people who have been supported by mechanical ventilators in an intensive care unit (ICU). Ages 25 and over.
- Adding an Insulin-Sensitizing Medication to Depression Treatment for People Who Are Depressed and Overweight.
Interventional study. This study will determine whether the drug metformin improves the effects of traditional antidepressant medications in people who are overweight. Ages 20-60. Location in St. Louis, MO.
- Effectiveness of School-Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in Preventing Depression in Young Adolescents.
Interventional study. This study will evaluate the effectiveness of the Penn Resiliency Program, a school-based cognitive behavioral depression prevention program for young adolescents.
- Early Detection and Prevention of Mood Disorders in Children of Parents With Bipolar Disorder.
Interventional study. This study will develop strategies for early detection and prevention of mood disorders and associated impairment in adolescent children of parents with bipolar disorder. Ages 12-17. Location in New York, NY.
- Prevention of Depression in Spouses of People With Cognitive Impairment.
Interventional study. This study evaluates the effectiveness of a problem-solving training program in preventing depression in the spouses or family caregivers of persons with mild cognitive impairment or early dementia. Ages 18 and over. Location in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Cognitive Therapy Versus Medication Treatment for Preventing Depression Relapse.
Interventional study. This study will evaluate the longer term effectiveness of cognitive therapy (CT) versus medication treatment or placebo for prevention of recurrence of depression for 24 months after termination of continuation phase therapy. Ages 18-70.
- Family Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Preventing Depression in Children.
Interventional study. This study will determine the effectiveness of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) versus educational treatment in preventing depression in the children of parents with a history of depression. Ages 10 and over. Location in Nashville, TN.
- Determining Changes in Brain Structure Associated With Symptoms of Late-Life Depression.
Evaluation study. This study will determine the changes in brain structure and function that are responsible for mood and cognition changes that are sometimes associated with late-life depression. Ages 55 and over. Location in Pittsburgh, PA.
- A Clinic-Based Prevention Program for Families of Depressed Mothers.
Interventional study. This study will assess the effectiveness of the "Keeping Families Strong" program (KFS) in avoiding or delaying the onset of psychiatric disorders among children with depressed mothers. Ages 8 and over. Location in Baltimore, MD.
- Parent Psychoeducation and Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Latino Adolescents With Depression.
Interventional study. This study will determine the effectiveness of adding a parent-involved intervention to cognitive behavior therapy in reducing depressive symptoms among Latino adolescents with depression. Ages 13-17. Location in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Clinical Trial of Estrogen for Postpartum Depression.
Interventional study. This study evaluates the efficacy of estrogen treatment in women with postpartum depression (PPD). Ages 20-45. Location in Bethesda, MD.