Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Featured studies include only those currently recruiting participants. They are listed according to the date they were added to the ClinicalTrials.gov registry, with the most recent studies appearing first.
- Effectiveness of a Web-Based Intervention for Guardians of Children Whose One Parent Has Murdered the Other.
Interventional study. This study will determine whether a specialized Web site geared for the guardians of children whose one parent has murdered the other can increase guardian capabilities, reduce guardian stress, and improve child behavior and mental health. Ages 18 and over. Location in Charlottesville, VA.
- Effectiveness of Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in Treating Children With Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Interventional study. This study will compare the effectiveness of trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy versus standard care in treating children with post-traumatic stress disorder. Ages 8-18.
- Development of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Techniques for Studying Mood and Anxiety Disorders.
Evaluation study. This study is intended to help develop new MRI imaging techniques for studying mood and anxiety disorders. Ages 18-65. Location in Bethesda, MD.
- Behavioral Treatments for Acute Stress Disorder In Firefighters.
Interventional study. This study will develop a treatment for firefighters experiencing symptoms of acute stress disorder (ASD). Ages 21-65.
- Treating Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in Children Exposed to Domestic Violence.
Interventional study. This study will determine whether trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT) is more effective than child-centered therapy (CCT) in reducing post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in children exposed to domestic violence (DV). Ages 7-14.