NIMH Twitter Chats
A Twitter chat is an organized event where people participate in an interactive conversation through tweets. The conversation usually focuses on a pre-arranged topic and specific tag (#) called a hashtag. Hashtags allow the conversation to be easily followed on Twitter. The chats are scheduled for a specific time and date, but are archived on this web page for viewing anytime.
In order to participate, you will need a Twitter handle and account. If you prefer to simply observe the chat taking place, you may enter the specified hashtag at twubs.com to view the conversation in real-time. Email us at NIMHpress@nih.gov if you have questions...and we’ll see you at our next Twitter chat!
Previous Twitter Chats
- Twitter Chat on Bullying Prevention with NIH experts Drs. Christopher Sarampote, Valerie Maholmes, and Layla Esposito – October 29, 2013
- NIMH Twitter Chat on Suicide Prevention with NIMH expert Dr. Lisa Horowitz – September 10, 2013
- NIMH Twitter Chat on PTSD with NIMH expert Dr. Farris Tuma – June 27, 2013
- NIMH Twitter Chat on BPD with NIMH-grantee Dr. Perry Hoffman - May 31, 2013
- NIMH Twitter Chat on PANDAS/PANS with NIMH expert Dr. Susan Swedo - May 8, 2013
- NIMH Twitter Chat on Childhood ADHD with NIMH expert Dr. Ben Vitiello - May 3, 2013
- NIMH Twitter Chat on Teen Brain with NIMH expert Dr. Jay Giedd - March 14, 2013
- Dr. Richard Besser Tweet Chat on OCD - January 29, 2013
- Dr. Richard Besser Tweet Chat on SAD - December 11, 2012
- Dr. Richard Besser Tweet Chat on Children with ADHD - December 4, 2012