- Whole genome expression patterns in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex, hippocampus and dura in several hundred individuals with mental disorders using microarray expression studies.
- Gene expression patterns and associations with genetic variants using RNA and whole genome sequencing of dorsolateral prefrontal and anterior cingulate cortices in several hundred subjects with mental disorders and control individuals.
- Cis regulatory epigenome mapping of the dorsolateral prefrontal and anterior cingulate cortices of subjects with schizophrenia and controls from the fluorescence-activated cell sorted (FACS) neuronal and non-neuronal populations using chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) with massively parallel DNA sequencing (Chipseq).
- Comprehensive identification of active gene regulatory elements in the dorsolateral prefrontal and anterior cingulate cortices of subjects with schizophrenia and controls from sorted (FACS) neuronal and non-neuronal cells using an Assay for Transposase-Accessible Chromatin with high throughput sequencing (ATAC-seq), a method for mapping chromatin accessibility genome-wide.
- Alterations of miRNA expression in pyramidal and astrocyte cell populations in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex (200 subjects, controls and schizophrenia) using Taqman assays
- Mapping bioactive lipids and RNA expression by RNA-sequencing in migraine headaches using trigeminal ganglia, blood, blood vessels and dura tissues
- Mapping gene expression by RNA-sequencing in the subgenual anterior cingulate cortex of subjects with depression who committed suicide and in bipolar disorder