Multimedia About Treatments
- Project Achieve Weight Loss Trial for People with Serious Mental Illness
NIMH grantee Dr. Gail Daumit talks about the Project Achieve weight loss trial.
- NIMH’s Dr. Maura Furey on scopolamine research
Dr. Maura Furey on the search for a fast acting anti-depressant.
- Stanford's Hank Greely on Research Advances vs. Social Challenges
Advances in neuroscience research may bring tough questions.
- Eric Nestler on deltaFosB Research’s Implications for Depression Treatment
Dr. Eric Nestler of the Mt. Sinai School of Medicine explains deltaFosB research and what it could mean for depression treatment
- Mark George on rTMS Research and Treatment Resistant Depression
Dr. Mark George of the Medical University of South Carolina talks about rTMS research and treatment resistant depression.
- John Piacentini on Treating Tics Associated With Tourette Syndrome
Dr. John Piacentini of UCLA talks about CBIT, a new therapy that treats tics associated with Tourette Syndrome
- Maura Furey on Scopolamine Research
Dr. Maura Furey talks about her research with Scopolamine.
- Ben Vitiello on Treatment Options for ADHD in Children
Dr. Ben Vitiello, Child and Adolescent Treatment and Preventive Intervention Research Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, talks about therapy and medication treatment for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in children.
- Ben Vitiello on Childhood Depression
Dr. Ben Vitiello, Child and Adolescent Treatment and Preventive Intervention Research Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, talks about the symptoms of childhood depression and treatment options.
- Hector Gonzalez on Gaps in Depression Treatment
Dr. Gonzalez talks about surprises that emerged from this NIMH-funded study and tackles the question of why so many Americans are not getting the level of care they need.