Science Update February 14, 2013
Science/AAAS Webinar on Translational Neuroscience Research Featuring NIMH’s Carlos A. Zarate, M.D.
On February 13, 2013, the National Institutes of Health partnered with Science/AAAS on a webinarExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer. titled “Between Thought and Therapy: Translating Neurobiology Research into Treatments.” Participants included Carlos A. Zarate, M.D., from the National Institute of Mental Health, Anand Swaroop, Ph.D., from the National Eye Institute, and Ellen Sidransky, M.D., from the National Human Genome Research Institute.
If you’ve ever wondered how the latest findings in neuroscience research go from bench to bedside, this webinar goes into how the Intramural Research Program of the NIH conducts its translational research. Panelists share their experiences, provide advice, and answer audience questions.
Learn more about NIMH’s intramural program.
NIMH Press Office
- Mental Health Information
- Statistics on Mental Disorders
- Summaries of Scientific Meetings
- Information about NIMH
- RePORTER: Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tool Expenditures and Results
- PubMed Central: An Archive of Life Sciences Journals
- Recommendations for Reporting on Suicide
- News from the FieldExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer.
News From the Field
NIMH-Funded Science on EurekAlert
- Out of Sync With the World: Body Clocks of Depressed People Are Altered at Cell LevelExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer.
- Nerve Stimulation for Severe Depression Changes Brain FunctionExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer.
- Nearly 20 Percent of Suicidal Youths Have Guns in Their HomeExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer.