Sharing Research Knowledge Through Outreach, Engagement, and Dialogue.
To pave the way toward prevention, recovery, and cure, we must find ways to ensure that the interventions and information we generate can be used by patients, families, health care providers, and the wider community involved in mental health care.
NIMH Strategic Plan: Objective 4: Strengthen the Public Health Impact of NIMH-Supported Research
NIMH Outreach Activities
Many of the Institute’s outreach and public liaison activities are overseen by the NIMH Office of Constituency Relations and Public Liaison (OCRPL). These activities include interactions with advocates for individuals with mental illness, as well as professional, scientific and community-based organizations interested in the mission and/or programs of NIMH:
- NIMH Professional Coalition for Research Progress
- NIMH Alliance for Research Progress
- Outreach Partnership Program
- Public Liaison and legislative activities.
NIMH participates in additional outreach activities such as partnering with Real WarriorsExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer. and Bring Change 2 MindExternal Link: Please review our disclaimer. campaigns to raise awareness and provide information.
Come see NIMH at …
- American Psychiatric Association Annual Meeting
May 18-22, 2013
San Francisco, CA
- Association for Psychological Science Annual Convention
May 23-26, 2013
- Mental Health America Annual Conference
June 5-8, 2013
National Harbor, Maryland
- NAMI National Conference
June 27-30, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
- Annual International OCD Foundation Conference
July 19-21, 2013
Connecting with NIMH
NIMH encourages public participation. You can:
Learn about research training, as well as internship and volunteer opportunities at NIMH and NIH.