Sharing Research Knowledge Through Outreach, Engagement, and Dialogue.
To pave the way toward prevention, recovery, and cure, we must find ways to ensure that the interventions and information we generate can be used by patients, families, health care providers, and the wider community involved in mental health care.
NIMH Outreach Activities
Many of the Institute’s outreach and public liaison activities are overseen by the NIMH Office of Constituency Relations and Public Liaison (OCRPL). These activities include interactions with advocates for individuals with mental illness, as well as professional, scientific and community-based organizations interested in the mission and/or programs of NIMH:
Collaborative Outreach Efforts
NIMH participates in additional outreach activities and partnership to raise awareness and provide information.
- NIMH and the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) have partnered with Delta Sigma Theta (DST) Sorority, Inc. to launch the Mental Health Across the Lifespan initiative. This initiative seeks to raise awareness about issues affecting women and their families throughout the lifespan, including mental disorders such as postpartum depression, and issues that can impact mental health, including bullying and aging.
- NIMH has also partnered with organizations to raise awareness through targeted campaigns including:
Come see NIMH at …
- American Psychiatric Association Annual Meeting
May 14-18, 2016
- Mental Health America Annual Conference
June 8-10, 2016
- National Alliance on Mental Illness National Convention
July 6-9, 2016