Join the NIMH Outreach Partnership Program
How to Become an Outreach Partner
Outreach Partners are selected through a competitive process. In May 2015, NIMH announced the selection of 48 new Outreach Partners. Organizations interested in serving as Outreach Partners in states with vacancies—Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas Border Region, Vermont, and Washington-- can send an email message to NIMHPartners@mail.nih.gov to be added to a list for future solicitation opportunities.
How to Become a National Partner
The Program currently has over 80 National Partners, including professional, consumer, advocacy, and service-related non-profit organizations with a nationwide membership and/or audience. See list of National Partners. Non-profit organizations with a nationwide reach interested in becoming a National Partner should send an e-mail message to NIMHPartners@mail.nih.gov with a brief description of your organization and contact information, including website.
Benefits of Partnership with NIMH
By joining the Program an organization can:
- Receive the Update twice a month.
- Access the Partners Only website.
- Receive timely news and resources from NIMH via Partner e-distribution lists.
- Take advantage of opportunities for building partnerships to broaden outreach, increase access to resources, and expand contacts by engaging in the various activities listed above.
- Participate in and/or view science related teleconferences specifically for Partners where you will learn about new research findings from the scientists who conducted the research.
- Provide input into the NIMH research priority-setting process.
Outreach Partners are also sponsored by NIMH to attend an Annual Meeting. National Partners are encouraged to attend; however, they are responsible for costs related to participation.