Join the NIMH Outreach Partnership Program
How to Become an Outreach Partner
Outreach Partners are selected through a competitive process. The Program has 55 Outreach Partner positions; currently the Nebraska Partner position is vacant. Organizations interested in applying for the Program can send an email to NIMHPartners@mail.nih.gov to be added to the e-distribution list for future solicitation announcements.
How to Become a National Partner
The Program currently has over 80 National Partners, including professional, consumer, advocacy, and service-related non-profit organizations with a nationwide membership and/or audience. See list of National Partners. Non-profit organizations with a nationwide reach interested in becoming a National Partner should send an e-mail message to NIMHPartners@mail.nih.gov with a brief description of your organization and contact information, including website.
Benefits of Partnership with NIMH
By joining the Program an organization can:
- Receive the Update twice a month.
- Access the Partners Only website.
- Receive timely news and resources from NIMH via Partner e-distribution lists.
- Take advantage of opportunities for building partnerships to broaden outreach, increase access to resources, and expand contacts by engaging in the various activities listed above.
- Participate in and/or view science related teleconferences specifically for Partners where you will learn about new research findings from the scientists who conducted the research.
- Provide input into the NIMH research priority-setting process.
Outreach Partners are also sponsored by NIMH to attend an Annual Meeting. National Partners are encouraged to attend; however, they are responsible for costs related to participation.