NIMH Seeks Proposals for Outreach Partners in Alaska, District of Columbia, Michigan, and Missouri
The deadline has passed for accepting proposals for NIMH Outreach Partners in the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Washington, West Virginia, and Wyoming. Reviews are pending and awardees will be selected in early 2014.
Applicants are selected as NIMH Outreach Partners through a competitive review process, and receive an annual award of $7,500 for one (1) year with a renewable option for two (2) subsequent years to: a) disseminate NIMH research and educational materials statewide; b) conduct science-based outreach project(s) addressing mental health disparities; and c) promote involvement in NIMH and National Institutes of Health research. Participation in the Outreach Partnership Program provides organizations with numerous opportunities to stay abreast of the latest advances in mental health research, interact with leading researchers in the field, and provide input about the mental health needs in their state. Other Program benefits include networking opportunities with state and national organizations, sponsored participation in an annual meeting, educational teleconferences, and dedicated access to NIMH publications.
- Fall 2013 Solicitation (PDF, 20 Pages) (HTML)
- 2013 Solicitation (PDF, 20 pages) (HTML)
- 2013 Questions and Responses (PDF, 5 Pages) (HTML)
- 2012 Solicitation (PDF, 13 Pages) (HTML)
- 2012 Inquiries and Responses (PDF, 3 Pages) (HTML)
- 2011 Solicitation 6-9-11 (PDF, 21 pages) (HTML)
- Inquiries and Responses (PDF, 7 pages) (HTML)
- 2010 Solicitation 8-16-10 (PDF, 18 pages) (HTML)
- Inquiries and Responses (PDF, 9 pages) (HTML)
Future Solicitations Planned
NIMH plans to release solicitations for Outreach Partners in the following states and regions:
- 2014: Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York and New York City, North Dakota, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Texas Border Area, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, and Wisconsin
- 2015: Southern California and Central/Northern California
To be added to a list to be informed when future solicitations are released, please email NIMHPartners@mail.nih.gov.