NIMH Seeks Proposals for Outreach Partners in Alaska, District of Columbia, Michigan, and Missouri
NIMH is soliciting proposals for its Outreach Partnership Program from organizations in Alaska, District of Columbia, Michigan, and Missouri. Non-profit organizations that conduct outreach focused on mental health are invited to submit proposals. Organizations with experience in mental health disparities as defined by race or ethnicity, age (e.g., children, adolescents, transitional age youth, older adults), education or income, disability status, geographic location, risk status related to sex and gender, and among other populations identified to be at-risk for health disparities such as immigrants, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI), and military service members and their families are encouraged to apply.
The deadline has passed for accepting proposals in response to the 2013 Solicitation issued June 5 for NIMH Outreach Partners in Puerto Rico, and the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Washington, West Virginia, and Wyoming. Reviews are pending and awardees will be announced in early 2014.
Applicants are selected as NIMH Outreach Partners through a competitive review process, and receive an annual award of $7,500 for one (1) year with a renewable option for two (2) subsequent years to: a) disseminate NIMH research and educational materials statewide; b) conduct science-based outreach project(s) addressing mental health disparities; and c) promote involvement in NIMH and National Institutes of Health research. Participation in the Outreach Partnership Program provides organizations with numerous opportunities to stay abreast of the latest advances in mental health research, interact with leading researchers in the field, and provide input about the mental health needs in their state. Other Program benefits include networking opportunities with state and national organizations, sponsored participation in an annual meeting, educational teleconferences, and dedicated access to NIMH publications.
- October 29, 2013: Solicitation posted
- December 18, 2013, 11:59 PM (ET): Proposals due
- February 2014: Outreach Partner awards announced
- be located and have a mailing address in one of the locations listed in the Fall 2013 Solicitation;
- be a non-governmental tax exempt organization and/or a state or local higher education institution, with non-profit status, under any section of the United States tax code;
- meet the Federal Equal Employment Opportunity requirements;
- have an active record in the System for Award Management (https://www.sam.gov/sam/), formerly referred as Central Contractor Registration;
- demonstrate financial stability.
How to Apply
- Read the full Program Solicitation. (PDF, 20 pages)
- Review all required Proposal Questions.
- Register or update your organization’s record in the System for Award Management (SAM) database. Have the organization’s Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) available when accessing SAM and preparing your proposal.
- Gather the following documents:
- Cover letter signed by an officer of the applicant organization with the authority to commit the organization to the proposal contents.
- Copy of the letter from the Internal Revenue Service confirming the organization’s non-profit status.
- Copy of the organization auditor’s opinion letter.
- Copy of the organization’s Federal Equal Employment Opportunity policy.
- Resume for the Primary Contact Person.
- Resume for the Backup Contact Person.
- Letter(s) of commitment from researcher(s) if a relationship is established.
- Submit proposal online via the NIMH Outreach Partner Proposal System by 11:59 PM ET on December 18, 2013.
Proposals will be accepted through online submission only.
Assistance on Submitting Proposals
- Guidance on Submitting Proposals (PDF, 3 pages)
- For technical assistance, contact NIMHPartners@mail.nih.gov
- 2013 Solicitation (PDF, 20 pages) (HTML)
- 2013 Questions and Responses (PDF, 5 Pages) (HTML)
- 2012 Solicitation (PDF, 13 Pages) (HTML)
- 2012 Inquiries and Responses (PDF, 3 Pages) (HTML)
- 2011 Solicitation 6-9-11 (PDF, 21 pages) (HTML)
- Inquiries and Responses (PDF, 7 pages) (HTML)
- 2010 Solicitation 8-16-10 (PDF, 18 pages) (HTML)
- Inquiries and Responses (PDF, 9 pages) (HTML)
Future Solicitations Planned
NIMH plans to release solicitations for Outreach Partners in the following states and regions:
- 2014: Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York and New York City, North Dakota, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Texas Border Area, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, and Wisconsin
- 2015: Southern California and Central/Northern California
To be added to a list to be informed when future solicitations are released, please email NIMHPartners@mail.nih.gov.