Meeting Summaries from 2009
Find Meeting Summaries by Topic
Or Find Meeting Summaries by Year
- Using Electrophysiological Methods to Understand Neural Mechanisms of, and Treatment Effects in, Mental Illness in Children and Adolescents
- September 10, 2009 – September 11, 2009
This workshop examined the use of EEG/MEG to understand brain mechanisms of mental disorders in children and adolescents. Participants discussed the advantages of these methods, the limitations, and future directions.
- Advancing Novel HIV Prevention Intervention Research with MSM
- August 22, 2009 – August 23, 2009
Advancing Novel HIV Prevention Intervention Research with MSM Meeting Summary
- Perinatal Mood Disorders: Components of Care
- May 07, 2009 – May 08, 2009
A two-day meeting convened in May 2009 educated participants on essential components of care for women with perinatal mood disorders
- NIMH Institutional Training Grant Program Directors Meeting
- March 02, 2009 – March 03, 2009
T32 Program Directors and NIMH staff discussed the unique challenges and opportunities associated with training future NIMH investigators.
- Bipolar Disorder in Children and Adolescents: New Data to Inform Classification
- February 26, 2009 – February 27, 2009
NIMH convened a working group of 24 invited experts to present and discuss data to resolve methodological discrepancies in the approaches used to diagnose bipolar disorder in children and adolescents.
- New Perspectives in the Translational Neuroscience of Late Life Mental Disorders
- February 02, 2009 – February 03, 2009
The goal of this workshop was to bring together basic and clinical researchers to identify key research questions relative to discovering the causes of mental disorders, and to chart mental illness trajectories to determine when, where and how to intervene.