Meeting Summaries from 2010
Find Meeting Summaries by Topic
Or Find Meeting Summaries by Year
- Using Stem Cells to Model Psychiatric Disorders: NIH Grantees Meeting
- October 26, 2010
In October 2010, the NIMH convened a meeting of NIH grantees who use stem cells, particularly those derived from patients, as tools to identify fundamental molecular and cellular defects and the role of altered developmental processes in psychiatric disorders.
- Fresh Perspectives in Perinatal Depression Research: Psychosocial Interventions and Mental Health Services
- October 05, 2010 – October 06, 2010
On October 5-6, 2010, the NIMH Division of Services and Intervention Research (DSIR) convened a workshop to provide the growing number of early-stage perinatal depression psychosocial intervention and services investigators with the opportunity to discuss research strategies consistent with public health needs and NIMH priorities.
- NIMH Workshop on Child Maltreatment and Trauma: Integrating Biological, Cognitive, and Social Trajectories of Development
- August 04, 2010 – August 05, 2010
In August 2010, NIMH convened a multidisciplinary workshop to discuss the state of empirical knowledge about, and opportunities regarding, the psychological and biological consequences of maltreatment in children.
- Research Careers in Global Mental Health
- July 30, 2010
On July 30, 2010, the Office for Research on Disparities and Global Mental Health (ORDGMH) in the Office of the Director of the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) invited students, post-doctoral trainees, and early stage investigators, as well as researchers, educators, practitioners, and federal government staff to discuss research careers in global mental health. This gathering of trainees and researchers occurred in response to the rapidly growing interest in global mental health as a career option.
- Navigating Your Way through a Successful Research Career: An NIMH Workshop for Early Stage Research Investigator
- June 07, 2010 – June 08, 2010
On June 7-8, 2010, the Office for Research on Disparities and Global Mental Health (ORDGMH), in the Office of the Director of NIMH, sponsored a workshop for early stage research investigators currently supported by Diversity Supplements, to provide the investigators with the tools necessary to continue along the path of competitive research support and the transition to independence.
- Integrating Neuroscience, Developmental Psychopathology, and Preventive Interventions: Critical Questions for the Next Generation of Transformative Research
- June 01, 2010
In conjunction with the 18th annual conference of the Society for Prevention Research, NIMH held a one-day, pre-conference workshop. The goal of the meeting was to identify strategies to advance prevention science research for mental disorders through the integration of basic science, neurodevelopment research, and intervention expertise.
- Closing the Gaps: The Role of Research in Reducing Mental Health Disparities in the U.S.
- May 05, 2010
On May 5, 2010, the Office for Research on Disparities and Global Mental Health (ORDGMH) in the Office of the Director of NIMH convened a meeting of representatives of key federal agencies and thought leaders from a range of fields—including genetics, cultural neuroscience, epidemiology, psychology, clinical psychiatry, and community-based services and intervention research—to discuss novel directions that, if investigated empirically, could foster the reduction of mental health disparities across race/ethnicity, socioeconomic status (SES), and geography.
- NIH Workshop on Nonverbal School-Aged Children with Autism
- April 13, 2010 – April 14, 2010
NIH Workshop on Nonverbal School-Aged Children with Autism Meeting Summary