Find Meeting Summaries by Topic
Or Find Meeting Summaries by Year
- Navigating Your Way through a Successful Research Career: An NIMH Workshop for Early Stage Investigators
- July 05, 2011 – July 06, 2011
On July 5-6, 2011, the Office for Research on Disparities and Global Mental Health (ORDGMH), in the Office of the Director of NIMH, sponsored a workshop for early stage investigators currently supported by Diversity and Re-entry Supplements, to provide the investigators with the tools necessary to continue along the path of competitive research support and the transition to independence. The workshop aimed to instill the importance of producing innovative research within the overall mission of the NIMH in these promising early career researchers. Content of the workshop emphasized issues relating to grantsmanship and strategies for successfully navigating obstacles and developing potential solutions on the journey to a successful research career.
- Building Research Capacity and Collaboration in Global Mental Health
- March 24, 2011 – March 25, 2011
On March 24–25, 2011, the Office for Research on Disparities and Global Mental Health (ORDGMH) in the Office of the Director of the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) invited stakeholders from around the world to discuss strategies for developing and sustaining research capacity in global mental health.
- Sex Differences in Brain, Behavior, Mental Health and Mental Disorders
- February 28, 2011 – March 01, 2011
From February 28, 2011 through March 1, 2011, NIMH convened a workshop to discuss recent findings and gaps within the study of sex differences in the brain.
- The Maturation of Functional Brain Networks: Insight into the Origins and Course of Mental Disorders
- January 27, 2011 – January 28, 2011
Neural networks are a fundamental property of normal brain function, and dysregulated brain activity has been implicated in a wide array of mental disorders. In January 2011, NIMH convened a multi-disciplinary workshop of experts to discuss the opportunities and challenges of studying the maturation of neural networks in healthy and clinical populations. The workshop focused on non-invasive research tools, structure-function relationships, typical and atypical development, personalized biomarkers, and developmental connectivity maps.
- Using Stem Cells to Model Psychiatric Disorders: NIH Grantees Meeting
- October 26, 2010
In October 2010, the NIMH convened a meeting of NIH grantees who use stem cells, particularly those derived from patients, as tools to identify fundamental molecular and cellular defects and the role of altered developmental processes in psychiatric disorders.
- Fresh Perspectives in Perinatal Depression Research: Psychosocial Interventions and Mental Health Services
- October 05, 2010 – October 06, 2010
On October 5-6, 2010, the NIMH Division of Services and Intervention Research (DSIR) convened a workshop to provide the growing number of early-stage perinatal depression psychosocial intervention and services investigators with the opportunity to discuss research strategies consistent with public health needs and NIMH priorities.
- NIMH Workshop on Child Maltreatment and Trauma: Integrating Biological, Cognitive, and Social Trajectories of Development
- August 04, 2010 – August 05, 2010
In August 2010, NIMH convened a multidisciplinary workshop to discuss the state of empirical knowledge about, and opportunities regarding, the psychological and biological consequences of maltreatment in children.
- Research Careers in Global Mental Health
- July 30, 2010
On July 30, 2010, the Office for Research on Disparities and Global Mental Health (ORDGMH) in the Office of the Director of the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) invited students, post-doctoral trainees, and early stage investigators, as well as researchers, educators, practitioners, and federal government staff to discuss research careers in global mental health. This gathering of trainees and researchers occurred in response to the rapidly growing interest in global mental health as a career option.
- Navigating Your Way through a Successful Research Career: An NIMH Workshop for Early Stage Research Investigator
- June 07, 2010 – June 08, 2010
On June 7-8, 2010, the Office for Research on Disparities and Global Mental Health (ORDGMH), in the Office of the Director of NIMH, sponsored a workshop for early stage research investigators currently supported by Diversity Supplements, to provide the investigators with the tools necessary to continue along the path of competitive research support and the transition to independence.
- Integrating Neuroscience, Developmental Psychopathology, and Preventive Interventions: Critical Questions for the Next Generation of Transformative Research
- June 01, 2010
In conjunction with the 18th annual conference of the Society for Prevention Research, NIMH held a one-day, pre-conference workshop. The goal of the meeting was to identify strategies to advance prevention science research for mental disorders through the integration of basic science, neurodevelopment research, and intervention expertise.