Meeting Summaries about Prevention
Find Meeting Summaries by Topic
Or Find Meeting Summaries by Year
- Integrating Neuroscience, Developmental Psychopathology, and Preventive Interventions: Critical Questions for the Next Generation of Transformative Research
- June 01, 2010
In conjunction with the 18th annual conference of the Society for Prevention Research, NIMH held a one-day, pre-conference workshop. The goal of the meeting was to identify strategies to advance prevention science research for mental disorders through the integration of basic science, neurodevelopment research, and intervention expertise.
- Mental Health Consideration in Secondary HIV Prevention
- July 19, 2007 – July 20, 2007
The Secondary Prevention and Translation Branch of NIMH’s Center for Mental Health Research on AIDS (CMHRA) hosted a meeting that focused on identifying target areas for new research on the intersection of secondary HIV prevention and mental health, specifically related to HIV-infected individuals with psychiatric disorders living in the United States.
- Promoting Indigenous Research on Suicide Prevention and Related Topics: A Workshop to Define Issues, Develop Strategies and Identify Sustaining Frameworks
- November 08, 2006 – November 09, 2006
Albuquerque, New Mexico
As a follow-up to the February 2006 meeting “Indigenous Suicide Prevention Research and Programs in Canada and the United States: Setting a Collaborative Agenda” NIMH supported a workshop to further identify challenges faced by indigenous researchers.
- Prevention of Traumatic Stress Disorders in High-Risk Occupations: Current Knowledge and Research Opportunities
- June 01, 2006
The NIMH Office of Prevention and the Division of Adult Translational Research and Treatment Development, Traumatic Stress Disorders Research Program, held a meeting involving trauma researchers, prevention scientists, and subject-matter experts responsible for preparing civilian and military personnel for disaster response, mass casualty events, and combat.
- Indigenous Suicide Prevention Research and Programs in Canada and the United States: Setting a Collaborative Agenda
- February 07, 2006 – February 09, 2006
In February 2006, a conference was convened to bring together representatives from research, service organizations, youth, community programs, and governments (across a range of countries, tribes, and villages) to share the most current information on Indigenous suicide, to find ways to foster communication and collaboration, and to form and support workgroups to bring substantive research and prevention efforts forward in a multi-year effort.