- Sponsored by:
- Office for Research on Disparities and Global Mental Health (ORDGMH)
- National Institute of Mental Health
On June 7-8, 2010, the Office for Research on Disparities and Global Mental Health (ORDGMH), in the Office of the Director of NIMH, sponsored a workshop for early stage research investigators currently supported by Diversity Supplements, to provide the investigators with the tools necessary to continue along the path of competitive research support and the transition to independence. The workshop aimed to instill the importance of producing innovative research within the overall mission of the NIMH in these promising early career researchers. Content of the workshop emphasized issues relating to grantsmanship and strategies for successfully navigating obstacles and developing potential solutions on the journey to a successful research career.
Workshop Sessions included:
- A roundtable discussion regarding research priorities with representatives from the NIMH extramural divisions and the Intramural Research Program;
- NIH Grants 101 for Early Stage Investigators;
- The NIH Grants Review Process;
- Advancing Science and Achieving Independence: Innovation;
- Intervention Development/Adaptation: Points for Consideration;
- Building a Successful Academic Research Career;
- How to Get a Job and Keep It;
- Lessons Learned on the Road to Independence; and,
- Writing the History of Your Future.
For more information, please contact LeShawndra Price, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-443-2847.