Meeting Summaries about Women’s Mental Health
- Sex Differences in Brain, Behavior, Mental Health and Mental Disorders
February 28, 2011 – March 01, 2011
From February 28, 2011 through March 1, 2011, NIMH convened a workshop to discuss recent findings and gaps within the study of sex differences in the brain.
- Fresh Perspectives in Perinatal Depression Research: Psychosocial Interventions and Mental Health Services
October 05, 2010 – October 06, 2010
On October 5-6, 2010, the NIMH Division of Services and Intervention Research (DSIR) convened a workshop to provide the growing number of early-stage perinatal depression psychosocial intervention and services investigators with the opportunity to discuss research strategies consistent with public health needs and NIMH priorities.
- Perinatal Mood Disorders: Components of Care
May 07, 2009 – May 08, 2009
A two-day meeting convened in May 2009 educated participants on essential components of care for women with perinatal mood disorders
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder in Women Returning from Combat
December 08, 2008
The meeting brought together experts in the field to review sex and gender differences in PTSD, identified gaps in research, and generated ideas for new research approaches and initiatives.
- Roundtable on Mood Disorders and Hormonal Transitions
July 28, 2007
NIMH co-sponsored the roundtable with the Society for Women’s Health Research. The meeting brought together experts in the areas of postpartum and perimenopause related depression, in order to share information regarding research in mood disorders associated with reproductive hormone change.