Panic Disorder Among Children
Panic disorder is an anxiety disorder characterized by unexpected and repeated episodes of intense fear accompanied by physical symptoms that may include chest pain, heart palpitations, shortness of breath, dizziness, or abdominal distress.
Additional information about panic disorder can be found on NIMH’s panic disorder page.
Science News about Statistics
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality's Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (MEPS)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System (WISQARS)
- National Institute of Mental Health's National Comorbidity Survey
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's National Survey of Drug Use and Health (NSDUH)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's National Expenditures for Mental Health Services and Substance Abuse Treatment Report