Growth of Mental Health Expenditures (1993-2003)
The chart below shows mental health care cost data from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). It shows the yearly percent growth in expenditures year over year between 1993 and 2003 for all medical expenditures compared with those specifically for mental health. Over this period of time, the percent growth in mental health expenditures was more variable than that for all medical expenditures. Some years it was higher, while others it was lower.
Science News about Statistics
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality's Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (MEPS)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System (WISQARS)
- National Institute of Mental Health's National Comorbidity Survey
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's National Survey of Drug Use and Health (NSDUH)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's National Expenditures for Mental Health Services and Substance Abuse Treatment Report