Number of People with Expenses for the Five Most Costly Medical Conditions (1996 vs. 2006)
The chart below represents the number of people in millions who paid for medical care related to the 5 mostly costly medical conditions. It shows the number of people for each condition in both 1996 and in 2006. In 2006, more people paid expenses for care related to mental disorders than any other medical condition except for asthma.
Science News about Statistics
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality's Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (MEPS)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System (WISQARS)
- National Institute of Mental Health's National Comorbidity Survey
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's National Survey of Drug Use and Health (NSDUH)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's National Expenditures for Mental Health Services and Substance Abuse Treatment Report